Thursday, February 28, 2013

Daniel Dobroskay Wins 1st Prize in Scripture Song Contest

Daniel Dobroskay performs his scripture song,
which won the $500 first prize.
After listening to the three finalists perform their scripture song at Vespers Friday, February 22, the congregation was invited to text their vote for the first place winner.  They selected Daniel Dobroskay as the winner of the President's 1st Annual Celebration of Scripture Songs.  Brad Nickel took 2nd place, and Claire Ritchey 3rd place. 

Dobroskay's song is a collection of his favorite texts and uses Philippians 3:14 as the chorus.  "The tune for the chorus came to me all at once while I was getting ready for class one morning," explained Dobroskay.  You can enjoy a recording of this song here.

Brad Nickel's song is based on his favorite text, Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  You can enjoy a recording of Nickel's song here.

Claire Ritchey, a grade 12 student at Parkview Adventist Academy, based her song on Matthew 11:28-30,  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Brad Nickel
Claire Ritchey, at the piano, along with two friends perform her scripture song.  Claire attended CUC's high school
division 60 years ago, but did not graduate.  Since then she has dreamed of going back to school and getting
her high school diploma.  Two years ago she enroled at Parkview Adventist Academy; she graduates in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment