Thursday, July 3, 2014

Benton Lowe to Plant a Church in Nunavut

(It's always exciting and gratifying to learn about the many good things CUC graduates are accomplishing.  Shown below is just one of many such stories, this one reprinted from Prairie Horizons, the newsletter of the Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.)


In April Benton Lowe received his degree
in Religious Studies.  In two weeks he'll be
in Nunavut preparing to establish a new church.
In July of 2014 Benton Lowe will be moving to Nunavut to launch a new church.  Benton graduated from Canadian University College with a degree in Religious Studies in April, 2014.  Following Man-Sask Camp Meeting, he'll spend several months in Iqaluit where our church members will help familiarize Benton with Inuit culture.  Then, by the end of 2014, Benton will move to Rankin Inlet to establish a Seventh-day Adventist Church in that community.  There are currently no Adventists in Rankin Inlet.  Be sure to keep Benton on your prayer list as he heads to Nunavut.  Pray that God works in a mighty way in Rankin Inlet.

For months Benton has had a growing conviction that God has called him to serve in Nunavut.  I asked Benton to share a few thoughts about his call.   "In the summer of 2013, I asked myself the question, 'Why not go to Nunavut?  What's keeping me from fulfilling the Gospel commission in that part of the world?' Through a lot of prayer, research and discussion with others, I came to the point where I could answer the call of God found in Isaiah 6:8 with a confident, 'Here am I Lord, send me.'  I'm actually really excited to head up to the Arctic region of Canada to share the Gospel and the love of Jesus with others."

by Pastor Jeff Potts


1 comment: