Researchers asked respondents to evaluate their college experience in 11 basic areas:
- Career Preparation
- Social and Community Values
- Purpose, Philosophy and Values
- Classroom Interactions
- Professor Interactions
- Friends and Relationships
- Professional and Personal Development
- Involvement in Extra-Curricular Activities
- Spiritual Experiences
- Overall Satisfaction with Life
- Overall College Experience
- 7 times more likely to experience “a deeper relationship with Jesus” while in college than their Adventist peers who attended public universities.
- 5 times more likely to develop “a stronger commitment to my church,” while in college than their peers who attended public universities.
- 5 times more likely to develop “a meaningful prayer life,” while in college than their peers who attended public universities.
- Experience high quality, teaching oriented faculty.
- Experience "professors who challenged me academically and helped me meet those challenges."
- Feel satisfied with their present marriage or dating relationships.
- To rate their college experience as "good" or "excellent."
For a more comprehensive review of this study's findings please click this link. Also available is a list of the most statistically significant findings.