Sunday, February 23, 2014

Small Fire Forces Evacuation of PE Centre

Shortly after 9:00 pm on the evening of February 22, 2014 a small fire broke out in the laundry room in the CUC PE Centre. A first aid kit was placed on top of the stove top in the laundry room and the on-dial was inadvertently turned on. PE Centre employees contacted the fire department while other students used fire extinguishers to put out the fire. The Lacombe Fire Department responded to the call and gave the all clear at around 10:15 pm. The small fire was contained to the laundry room and no one was hurt in the incident. A few storage cabinets were damaged along with some athletic uniforms.

The incident took place after the CUC women’s basketball game versus Millar College of the Bible and shortly before the men’s basketball game versus the Millar. The men’s basketball game was cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.

We are thankful for the quick actions of our students in preventing any further damage to the laundry room as well as for the quick response of the Lacombe Fire Department.

The PE Centre is open and operating with its usual hours.

by Jr (Sergie) Ferrer
Director of Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment